Year 5 Class Teacher - Required from January 2018
Salary/Grade: Main Pay Scale
Full Time - Temporary
As part of Reach South Multi Academy Trust we share a clear set of values, curriculum principles and organisational behaviours. At the heart of those values is a belief in our young people and a determination to support them to develop their knowledge, skills and attitudes.
We believe that no child's aspirations should be limited by the expectations of others.
"All pupils make outstanding progress at this school...Teaching is outstanding because teachers have very high expectations of their pupils...Teachers performance is managed very well and their morale is exceptionally high" - Ofsted, March 2013
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding and dynamic teacher to work in a Year 5 class. The successful candidate will need the ability to inspire our learners, have high expectations and secure high quality outcomes. Please state both your KS2 experience and any subject specialism when applying.
You should be:
We can offer you:
- An outstanding teacher, who is able to plan and deliver highly effective learning experiences
- Assessment capable and have the ability to use a variety of data to inform practice and improve outcomes
- Committed to inclusive education and raising standards for all
- Driven by a passion for making learning fun and exciting, yet challenging
- Able to display effective communication skills with both children and adults
- A reflective teacher, open to new ideas and practices, eager to continue to develop professionally, who is able to work collaboratively in our team structures
- Friendly and enthusiastic children who are actively involved in shaping the development of our school
- A caring and friendly atmosphere where everyone's contribution is valued
- The chance to be imaginative, take risks in learning and be innovative whilst raising attainment
- Excellent opportunities for further professional development
- An extended, supportive team which promotes the development and well-being of everyone in our school community
- Locally recognised expertise in working with our EAL learners who bring welcome diversity to our school community
Application packs are available here.
Visits to the school are welcome by appointment at the following times (please contact the school office to book on 01752 225319): Monday 13 November at 9.30 am and Monday 20 November at 4.00 pm.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Wednesday 22 November
Preliminary Interview Date: Thursday 30 November 2017
Pilgrim Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and it expects all staff to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to enhanced DBS employment checks and suitability.
We also currently have two vacancies for support staff
Post 1 - General Cleaner - Grade A
Post 2 - Mealtime Assistant - Grade A
please see attached advert.
For volunteering inquiries, please use the 'Contact Us' page.